NAWA Journal of Language and Communication is published bi-annually in June and December by the Department of Communication, Faculty of Commerce, Human Sciences and Education at the Namibia University of Science and Technology. It is a peer-reviewed (double-blind) journal whose goal is to advance knowledge in human language, communication, and literature. The journal publishes academic articles dealing with empirical research findings, pedagogical methodologies, critical analyses and theoretical perspectives in language, literature and communication and related disciplines such as linguistics and information and communication technologies. NAWA journal encourages research without boundaries and expands the frontiers of knowledge and skill in languages, literature and communication and related areas.
- Contributors must use British English.
- All articles must be certified by a language editor prior to submission. A certificate should be attached to testify that language editing has been done.
- Authors should strictly use the latest APA style of referencing.
- Articles should be in English and between 4000 and 6000 words long. Book reviews should be between 800 and 1200 words long.
- Articles must have an abstract of not more than 250 words and followed by key words. The abstract must be italicised.
- All articles must be typed using Microsoft Word, Calibri, Font 11 and single spaced.
- Authors are required to include biographical information in not more than 120 words. For the purpose of blind reviewing, the contributor’s identification will be removed.
- Authors are urged to use language that communicates easily and to avoid the use of esoteric jargon.
- Submission of articles and book reviews must be done as attachments.
- Authors are kindly advised not to send articles or book reviews that have been accepted for publication or published elsewhere.
NAWA Journal of Language and Communication
Volume 13, Number 1, June 2022
Deadline for submission: Monday, 30 June 2022